The Media Lab provides a variety of ways to acquire and use instructional materials and equipment.
Like other units of the Office of Instructional Development we provide a variety of ways to acquire and use instructional materials and equipment. Some services may be obtained through subsidy, mini-grants, recharge or purchase.
The Media Lab provides:
- Consultation with faculty to integrate technology and content areas
- Audio recording of lesson and test material
- Licensed duplication of audio materials for in-lab use
- Testing space for assessments, the Office For Students With Disabilities and other purposes
- Audio cassette sales (subject to licensing agreements)
- In-lab access to UCLA CATV, the campus cable network
Related services include:
- Video duplication and transfers: licensed copies; conversion to NTSC of PAL and SECAM video formats
- Grants: Instructional Improvement Grants; Mini-grants for faculty and TAs; funds for acquisition of materials
- Videoconferencing / Distance Learning: satellite delivered videoconferencing
- Audio Visual Services: audio, video and computer equipment for classroom use; access to classroom network