Instructional Media Lab Policies
Given that the Media Lab provides viewing and listening services for copyrighted materials, there are a number of policies that must be closely followed by the Media Lab staff as well as by its clients.
These policies include:
Circulation of Materials
- Photo ID (i.e. Bruin Card, Driver's License) is required for use of any media or equipment
- A yellow preview slip is required to view IMCS preview titles
- All media/equipment is for in-lab use only
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Media Lab at any time
- The Media Lab is not responsible for lost or stolen articles, so please take all valuables with you anytime you exit the lab
***Please note that instructors should contact Audio Visual Services (AVS) to try to arrange for a screening in their assigned classroom before requesting a reservation at the Media Lab.
- Only faculty and department administrators are allowed to make room reservations
- Reservations are on a first-come first-served basis
- Rooms are for occasional use only, e.g., if your classroom is not media equipped or you are using media which cannot be circulated outside of Powell Library
- Only ARSC, IMCS materials, and/or media approved by the IMCS may be used in the Media Lab
- At least two persons using the same media are required for consideration of room assignment